Arrival and Collection
International British School maintains a strict policy regarding student drop-off and collection procedures. This applies to all International British School functions to include, but not limited to, the following: special events, sporting events, and any other school activity.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that students arrive on time and are collected on time. If an extenuating circumstance occurs, and the student will be late or absent, please ensure to notify the school.
- International British School asks that guardians provide the details and contact numbers of all individuals who are to drop-off or collect children from the school. The information will be entered into the school’s database, and stored centrally. Please ensure the information is accurate. It is the responsibility of the parents to ensure the information is correct and up-to-date.
- International British School will only allow the person whose name is on file to collect the child unless prior written permission is obtained by the School. The additional information will also be entered into the school’s database.
- The Staff of International British School reserves the right, and are encouraged, to challenge anyone collecting a child if the individual is unfamiliar. The staff proactively is responsible for the safety of children attending International British School.
- The school does not allow students to be absent from classes unless the student has a valid reason. After all, absence from instruction can have a detrimental effect on student learning. Medical appointments, sickness constitute viable circumstances. In such cases, please provide relevant documentation to verify the reason for the absence. If a child has to be taken out of school early for a valid reason then please complete the signing in and out register in the main office.
- Parents may collect their children at designated areas only. Parents should not deliver or collect their children from classrooms above Year 2.
- Maids and drivers may only collect children on parent’s behalf only from the designated reception areas.